Knowledge Base - SFX
Providing answers to commonly asked questions, solutions to known problems, and more...
- Each role has unique privileges.
- Every folder in SFX can be set up to allow access to any combination of these roles.
- By default, subfolders and files within a folder inherit the folder access rights. However, folder owners can modify the access rights on any subfolder and/or file they own.
- Your view of folders/files in SFX will most likely be different than another user's view, based on roles assigned to you on a particular folder/file.
A folder or file owner is able to add any user to any role (except Administrator) on the item. For example, you may be a Contributor on File A, and a Collaborator on File B. Learn more about roles >>>
However, a folder or file owner is able to add any user to any role (except Administrator) on the item. In this case, it seems you may have been given only Viewer or Contributor rights to the item. Learn more about roles >>>
- Changes to your file will automatically require approval by the approvers that were established at the repository level for all folders /files within the repository.
- You are not able to turn off approval workflow for your items, nor are you able to select your own approvers.
When approval is not turned on at the top repository level, and not required by the folder owner / administrator, you are able to require approval on files for which you are the owner. How to require approval>>>