Knowledge Base - My ProfileProviding answers to commonly asked questions, solutions to known problems, and more...
GENERAL USERS ASK
Category: Passwords & User IDs
How do I reset my password?
- Navigate to the Login Screen.
- Click Forgot Your Password.
- Key in your User ID and then click Submit.
- Key in the answer to each security question in the corresponding open text fields. Your answers must match exactly that which you entered during your initial registration, including case and space sensitivity. (The answer field is a case-sensitive field. You must remember exactly how you keyed in the answer during registration).
- Click Submit. The first half of the new, system generated temporary password is displayed on the screen. The second half of this temporary password has been emailed to the address you entered during registration.
- Write down the first half of the temporary password from the screen, and obtain the second half of the temporary password from your email. This temporary password is a single use password, and is a combination of letters and numbers totaling eight characters (i.e., 9AG877BO). The user is forced to create a new password the next time the user attempts to login, as in steps 7 - 13 below.
- Click Login from the Password Reset screen.
- Key in your User ID and 8-digit temporary password in the corresponding fields. (Recall that the first 4 digits were displayed on the screen, and the remaining 4 digits were emailed to the address with which you registered in the system).
- Click Login. The Update Password screen is displayed.
- In the Current Password field, key in the complete 8-digit temporary password you have just obtained.
- In the New Password field, key in the new password you wish to create.
- In the Confirm New Password field, key in the new password you created in the previous steps.
- Click Update.
Follow the process outlined at: http://www.covisint.com/robohelp/cca/Successful_CCA_Registration.htm
Where can I see portal password rules / requirements?
A list of password rules are available in several places:
- Click Show Password Rules... to view password rules / requirements. This link is is displayed on every page in which users are prompted to change their passwords:
- Read the rules on the Change Password screen, and click the more password rules link to view more details.
You will need to contact your administrator. Covisint cannot re-activate suspended IDs, only your administrator can do that.
You have a few options, you could watch the video to see how to request an application, or follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Administration / CCA tool of the portal.
- From the My Profile drop down menu, click Request Service Package.
- Click request next to the package you wish to request.
- Enter the reason for request in the open text box.
- Click continue.
- Repeat steps 1 - 5 as necessary for additional service packages.
Nobody has responded to my request for a package. Now what?Your request was routed to your Security Administrator. You can send a reminder email to your Security Administrator by viewing your profile, then clicking the View Pending Requests link inside the application. You will have an opportunity from that screen to remind your Security Administrator to evaluate your request or you can cancel the request.
How do I withdraw a request for a package?
Withdraw your request by clicking View Profile and then click View Pending Requests. You can cancel your request from that screen.
Why don't I see the package or sub-package I want on the list of requestable packages?
If you have already have been approved or already have a pending request for that package or sub-package, you won't see the package on the list. Keep in mind that if you are trying to find a specific service, it may be bundled in a package with a different name. Check the package description to view the services it contains.
Who is my Security Administrator?
You can find out who your Security Administrator is by clicking the My Administrators link inside the application. You will see a list of all users in your organization with administrative responsibility.
My Security Administrator has left the company. Now what?
Complete and submit the Security Administrator Change Request Form to change your security administrator. Download and sign the form >>>
SECURITY ADMINISTRATORS ASK
Category: Managing Users
Create new users by inviting them to register. watch how to send an invitation To do so, click the Invite User link under the Users tab. The user will then receive an email invitation that provides direction and a link to the self-registration site. Once the user is finished, you will be notified via email. You will then be able to approve the user. watch how to approve a new user
To terminate a user, you must first suspend the user. Suspend any user in your organization by clicking on the "suspend user" button in the user's profile. If there is no chance that the user will need Covisint access at a later date, you have the option to permanently remove a suspended user by clicking on the "permanently remove user" button in the user's profile. To suspend and/or remove users in bulk, use the Audit Users functionality in the Administration menu.
Can I re-activate a permanently removed user?
No, permanently removed users cannot be reactivated. The user will need to re-register to re-obtain access.
What is the difference between "suspended" and "permanently removed"?
Suspension is a state of temporary deactivation. Users, Organizations, and Service Packages can be suspended. It would be appropriate to suspend an employee on medical leave or on a temporary assignment that does not require Covisint access. Once a User, Organization, or Service Package has been suspended the Security Administrator can reactivate the user account when desired, or permanently remove access. A User or Organization that has been permanently removed cannot be reinstated and must re-register to access Covisint applications.